<VV> Eek, a mouse!

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Mon Feb 13 18:27:35 EST 2012

On 2/13/2012 9:00 AM, virtualvairs-request at corvair.org wrote:
> I'd take the belt off and restart engine. If the "mouse" is gone, then, either the idler or fan bearing is bad.

It "could" also be the belt itself -- I recall a customer that had us do
a good deal of work to his car because it "squeaked" -- the noise did
not go away until we replaced his fan belt, an unrequested repair.

Quick check for belt noise is spray it with water while running and
listen -- yes you can use aerosol lubes, but do you really want to
grease your fan belt?  Aerosol belt dressing is messy to get cleaned up,
if you try that.

Bill Strickland