<VV> SEAL SITUATION

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 11:02:34 EST 2012

I have changed out 2 of the viton seals. one was never installed in the
car, just run on bench roughly 2 hours. The guy decided he wanted it for a std
 shift. When i removed the bellhousing , I found just the inner lip rough ,
and  little balls of brown viton material on the crank.The outer lip still
looks ok  on both motors? The crank is very smooth , just back from a shop,
The lip  was positioned properly on the crank.
 I have pictures of that seal i just took. Number 2 was during a motor
swap after @7000 miles. They were not leaking yet , But do not look good. So I
put black seals in .
My other pet peeve is choke pulloff failures , probably due to fumes from
our wonderful gasoline with ethanol. the bottom edge of the diaphragm
wrinkles  up and leaks. I have repaired a few , replaced a few .
The ones on my truck now have the guts from old ones in the nice new white
housings. They are working ok so far...
Regards, Tim Colson
Trying to attach a picture just taken.