<VV> More trunk stories

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 12:13:22 EST 2012

I have two Corvair trunk stories:

1.  When I took the convertible on the Amtrak AutoTrain to the Daytona
convention (I think that was 2000) as I pulled into line to leave the car for
them to load onto the train I opened the trunk and took out my overnight bag
for  my stay in the passenger section of the train and an Amtrak employee
said to me;  "That's a nice car.  You can keep your clothes up front with the
engine and  everything."

2.  Driving back from the Buffalo convention I stopped at a rest area  on
the New York Thruway and as I got out of the car a young guy, probably in his
 very early twenties came running up and stopped in front of the car and
said; "I  can't wait to see what you've got in there!"  I said; "I can't wait
to show  you what I've got in there" and then opened up the trunk to show
him my  luggage.  Of course, after explaining the situation I lifted the
rear-deck lid to show him the engine which probably didn't impress him at  all
even after I drew parallels to the Porsche 911.

~Bill Stanley