<VV> Corvair Trunks

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 14:45:47 EST 2012

A Long Island Corvair friend of mine has two Corvairs, a Corsa and a
Monza.  A movie shoot in Manhattan needed 60's vintage cars so he drove the
Corsa and he asked me to drive the Monza.  Working  on a movie shoot is similar
to the army, "..hurry up and  wait."  So we sat around for a while on a
street  in Greenwich Village, sometimes for hours.

Young people would walk by and stare at the Corvairs which  were obviously
automobiles that they had never seen.  With the  pretty girls, we offered
their boyfriends a chance to take pictures of their  girlfriends behind the
wheel.  No young lady refused as they were all  intrigued by what nearly all
of them termed, "a cute little car."

I offered the guys a chance to look at the engine.  This never  failed.
They immediately went to the front of the car while I walked to  the back.
Happened every time.  The looks on their faces were  priceless.  All of the
guys and some of the girls were fascinated with the  rear engine design of the
Corvair.

Steve Sassi
Long Island Corvair (LICA)

In a message dated 2/14/2012 11:53:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,