<VV> Trunk Story

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:56:58 EST 2012

If you are ready for another "trunk" story here is mine:  I purchased my new '63 convertible in April or June after flipping my VW convertible.  I was in the Marine Corps and my CO decided our nine man Inspector-Instructor staff needed a break with a picnic/cook out/beer bash.  This I think was in July in Charlottesville, Virginia which is hot and humid that time of year.  I was in charge of the liquid refreshments.  I pulled the plug in the trunk, put (memory is dim) about three cases of beer maybe one of soda and 200 pounds of ice along with the meat and other perishables in the truck.  It was riding low!  An hour or so later on the way to the bash, a car pulled up beside me,  honked his horn and yelled, "Hi Buddy, youre radiator is leaking."  That happened a couple more times on the way to the park.  It may have been less beer, you know how Marines like to exaggerate.
Ray Davis
P Think Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.