<VV> Trunk Story

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Wed Feb 15 12:19:08 EST 2012

Hi Guys!

I love all the trunk stories! Here's mine.

I was riding with a buddy in his almost new 69 convertible back in 1970 when
we stopped at a gas station to fill up. As the pump jockey (there were few
self serves in '70) was filling the tank with 35 cent gasoline he motioned
towards the front of the car and asked if we wanted him to check the oil
(the front mounted gas tank obviously wasn't enough of a clue to him as to
the engine's location). My buddy said yes and we chuckled as he struggled to
find the latch. My buddy finally had mercy on the guy, got out with the keys
and said that he kept it locked because people kept trying to steal his
engine. He put in key, popped the hood and exclaimed "Oh my God, it was here
last night!" You should have seen the look on that pump jockey's face! I
about died laughing! We never wet back to that station for fear he would
shoot us!

Ken Maxwell
Louisville, KY
69 Monza Convertible (the very same one in the story)