<VV> adjusting windows

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Thu Feb 16 18:06:13 EST 2012

Before I get out the wrecking ball, can anyone with experience adjusting
side glass on a Late Model Coupe give me some suggestions?

I believe the doors are correctly adjusted.  I have the same gap along the
front and the rear edges.  When the front windows are fully up, they line up
with the indentation in the stainless steel roofline trim.  The quarter
windows won't line up fro anything.  When the quarter windows line up with
the door windows, the top of the quarter window doesn't follow the contour
of the body.  When the quarter window follows the contour of the body, then
the leading edge of the quarter glass is too far forward at the bottom.

I don't know if any of this is making any sense.  I have about driven myself
out of my mind trying to figure this out.

FWIW, I have the body service manual and understand the procedure based on
what is in the book.  It just looks like the glass is the wrong shape.  And
no, the glass is not out of a convertible.

Cliff Tibbitts

Lexington, KY

66 Monza Coupe