<VV> adjusting windows

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:54:47 EST 2012

Hi Cliff,It is harder to explain than making the adjustments.Front windows must be adjusted first, checking that there is minimal play between front and rear channel. After this adjustment lift up the window to look for parallel alignment between glass and the rubber on the roof. If not parallel make adjustments on both front and rear channels. After this, check the maximum height of the glass to get it's top just behind the upper lip of the rubber. Last adjustment is to get the top of the glass slightly pushing on the rubber by screwing or unscrewing the nuts on lowest side of the channels. There are two 1/4" nuts on each side of the door inner panel.After doing fronts, go to rear quarters which (if remember well) have 4 adjusters which run in angled slots. With the window in the closed position loose all adjusters and play moving the glass so to get the rubber on the front side aligned with the rear of the front window. Tighten adjusters just to keep them in position. The nuts (two on each one) on these adjusters allow for final adjustment of the top to fit just behind the upper lip on the roof weatherstrip.Last adjustment is for the top height which is made with a bolt which tighten a piece like a square nut with split ends.At my first time (30 years ago) got trouble on realizing the way to adjust rear quarters, mostly because of the angled (90º) slots but finally got them adjusted.Hope you get the image.
Daniel Monasterio