<VV> ANOTHER TRUNK STORY

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 12:20:21 EST 2012

Robert,
     Your story reminds me of the time my wife was  accosted by a
persistent salesman who tried to sell her some antifreeze  that was on sale that
week.  She finally gave him her "wide-eyed" look and  said she just didn't know
WHERE on her car she would install it and he told her  he would be glad to
show her since her car was parked close by.  Once he  got close to the car
and saw it was a Corvair he uttered an expletive and turned  around and left
her standing there.
     This is the same woman who when buying gas would  follow the
directions of the young kid at the pump and pull up her car so he  could get the
filler nozzle in position near the rear bumper.  Assuming she  wasn't in a hurry
she would wait while the kid looked in vain for the tank  opening before
finally showing him where it was.  (In New Jersey out gas is  so DEADLY that
we're not allowed to pump it by ourselves so we have to use  the services of
a "trained" attendant.)
     Thanks for reminding me.
Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 2/17/2012 11:42:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,