<VV> Still having electrical problems

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 10:17:06 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/25/2012 8:28:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cooperj123 at msn.com writes:

Hello All,  My '65 Monza sedan is still having an electrical  issue and I
am checking to see if anyone else has experienced a similar  problem. First-
thanks for the advice so far!  <snip> 3- The copper  ground straps from
engine to body were in very poor shape- have been replaced  and ground is now
ok. <snip>

Jim (and everyone else),
The three or four little copper straps that ground the engine shroud to
the body are for radio noise suppression only. If you got your car or FC
without a radio, it didn't come with the straps... also, if you DID get a
radio, you also got a capacitor (a.k.a. condenser) installed on the voltage
regulator and the coil (or if an EM, on the generator and the coil)... to  the
best of my knowledge, all other grounding was done through the factory
wiring harness or at the negative battery cable where it attached to the frame
(on EMs) or the small pigtail on the LM ground cable.

Someone more knowledgeable than me needs to correct me if I'm wrong...
Ned? You did some schematics... what say  you?