<VV> GAS HEATERS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 16:19:53 EST 2012

There are plenty of used parts out there for gas heaters.  once you  use a
good one , you will love it!
The main most important thing you should do for safety reasons , is to plan
 on a burner service kit! It is way overpriced (I am presently looking into
a  cheaper way for new parts) but a must . After you study it , I think you
will  understand. I have rebuilt /restored several.  NEW is NOT NOS!. NOS
tend to  have the very important tiny rubber valve part hard as a rock ,
which will not  seal off the gas supply when shut off.
You will also need the tailpipe. You have a lot of parts checking to do ,to
 make sure it is safe.
The kit is available new  Clark's  C7767     @$100.00 +   This could save
your unit from doing a serious amount of  flames. I think the high alcohol
gas is shortening the life of the part (#10 in  the drawing on page 105 ) that
shuts off the gas. I have seen at least 2 with  this problem , one on my
rampside. I suggest the correct regulator and return  line. The return line on
a car is supposed to be like the T used on turbo's. I  have drilled a hole
to fit the tubing in the return hose on a few cars , and  sealed the pipe
with good silicone , with no problems. FC's have a fitting in  the tank you
can see without removing the tank, It is on top right side. The  pipe is
supposed to thread in there and reach almost to bottom. I made one , but  had the
correct parts on the other 2. I may have the parts you are missing , but  I
am so far behind now , It will be a while before I can look. I think there
are  a few  pictures on the   _http://corvair.de/n2vzd/#fc_gasheater_
(http://corvair.de/n2vzd/#fc_gasheater)      site of an FC unit.
Better explaining will be posted soon on the  cnycorvair.com  site.  I have
to dig pictures out yet.
  I think I have a scan of the install instructions , which will help.
Running the fuel line is no problem , I did not use the original fuel T , I
used  one you can buy anywhere in the feed fuel line to the left carb, I ran
steel  line thru the shroud , then a rubber coupling (like factory) to body
lines.  More on request when I can work it in....
I am rebuilding one right now , along with a differential project. Good
luck.
Regards, Tim Colson