<VV> Swaptronics

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 16:36:50 EST 2012

 I'm not sure that I agree with that.  Especially with electrical
problems, they can be frustrating.  Troubleshooting means you check and
eliminate the most likely culprits first, maybe see if others have experienced
the same thing you are having go wrong and systematically work your way through
the problem.  And I appreciate all of the ideas bounced off me.
SNIPPED
 My idea was to avoid doing "swaptronics,"  i.e. changing components until it is fixed.  That can be costly
;  )Jim

Basically True... when you don't have a supply of good working / tested parts on a shelf.  Otherwise  it can get expensive!

And I understand you do not know me, unless you've been reading my postings for the last 12 years...
then you would remember I never buy new parts...unless it make$ $ense.. never rebuilt a Vair engine,
let alone even think about it! [ takes too long  ]

Whereas, even having worked 30  years as an Industrial  Gas Turbine Tech.....
When first getting back into the cars....after 14 years of just having a Vair powered Buggy and Boat...
I called my "Bud"..who "lives Corvairs"  and went with his recommendation.. faster..and cheaper!

ps  I'm proud of you...."one of the few"  who ended up ADJUSTING  to correct  a problem...
Almost unheard of today....  why I seldom  suggest it any longer...

 Drive on!  ggg

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio