<VV> Late model battery

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jan 3 15:11:49 EST 2012

Hi folks,

I have a 24F battery in the '66, which is supposed to fit.  However, the notch at the bottom isn't big enough for the clamp to get an effective grip - the other night Trevor had to use Ellie's Roadside Assistance (that's my wife and her truck) because the battery came adrift and pulled the cable loose.  I looked at Costco today and they cross reference a group 35 (I think) that seems to have a more pronounced ledge at the bottom.

So, what battery works well for you?  It doesn't have to look particularly stock, but I do want one that stays in place using the stock hold down.  Please spec both brand and size, so I look for the right thing.  Thanks.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  Kid cars: 00 Grand Marquis, 99 Miata