<VV> Noisy Corsa 140

grethers grethers at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 4 22:06:12 EST 2012

Frank, Danial..Thanks for the input...as it turns out, the guy I bought the
car from didn't tell me that he modified the wiring and eliminated the stock
voltage regulator ..the alternator has the correct Corvair mounting base but
it also has the voltage regulator included...found all this out after
installing a Clark's alternator.the one that I took out looked a little
different and  now  I know why!!!......of course a more experienced guy
probably would have seen all this  looking at the engine while inspecting
the car to buy it!!!.....I was focused on the appearance  upgrades  to the
engine, like chrome fuel lines and large billet air cleaners that fit over
the carbs on either side and the aluminum billet hub and cooler fan on the
alternator!!!   Well, now I've learned a few things about the
alternators.will be picking up the original alternator that's been rebuilt
and installing it this weekend.hopefully I'll have the car back on the road
again Saturday...ED ( the novice senior!!! )