<VV> Filling tank in early model

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 21:18:58 EST 2012

Patrick,

When I removed, cleaned and sealed (Clark's sealer) my '64 Greenbrier  tank
I had a similar problem.  Over the course of several months it became  more
and more difficult to fill the tank because the filler neck was partially
obstructed with the slowly flowing sealer that was coating the top portion
of  the tank (I had stored the tank upside down for a week after sealing
before I  had time to reinstall it so the thick viscous sealer collected in a
thicker  layer at the top).  I ended up punching a section of old garden hose
down the filler neck to fully reopen it.  Problem solved.  You  might want
to try it yourself to see if it solves your  filler neck problem.

Best of Luck, whatever the cause turns out to be.

Bob

When I  put gas in my 61, I frequently get a backwash of gas splashing back