<VV> Gas Fillups Re: Filling tank in early model

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 10:58:59 EST 2012

And in New Jersey where we're not allowed to pump our own gas.  Maybe
that's because our gas is so much more "dangerous" than the gas in much of the
rest of the country.  Or, it could be that our legislators just  regard US
as much more dangerous.<GGGGG>
Anyway, that reminds me that when my late wife would pull her Corvair up to
 the gas pump many times the young attendant would tell her to pull up
further so  he could get the nozzle toward the back end of the car.  Without a
word she  would do so and watch as the poor kid tried to find the opening
somewhere in  the rear area of the Corvair.  Only when he asked her where the
gas  goes did she reveal the location.  She told me she wanted to "educate"
those youngsters about Corvairs.

Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 1/7/2012 2:27:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,