<VV> SSH FTP

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 21:33:24 EST 2012

                                           B"H

Many if not most organizations are moving away from unencrypted FTP to Secure FTP, which is either SSL or SSH.  Having  been in the IT/Computer business for 15 years, I am even surprised that your server has been allowing unencrypted FTP up to this time.

Fortunately in the Windows environment, using a secure FTP client is not a big deal, but in the IBM mainframe world (where I work), where a large number of software/security changes must be done manually, it is a real bear to implement.  Nonetheless the agency I work for has forbidden any unsecure FTP to our systems since around 2002 so we have been grappling with these changes for some time now.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in since I deal with these types of issues on a daily basis...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C (and have been working on IBM systems since 1982)