<VV> Early Rear Bearings

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jan 8 00:44:16 EST 2012

I don't know about 12,000 miles (as that was the original warranty
period when the car was new), but Smitty has gone from Virginia to
Alaska and back towing a travel trailer with his 64 Corvair (OK actually
a 62 wagon with 64 suspension and drivetrain). A 12,00 mile trip on the
North American continent is a large circle and then some.

I can't answer for the "right mind"... ggg

Now if you went through a car as thoroughly as Smitty, none of those
previous shoddy repairs would be left on the car. I don't think of those
as part of this discussion, as they should be a concern with a newly
purchased or unknown car, but not one you consider taking out of town.

I've seen many a high dollar classic car I would not drive down the
street, owners are cheap in all circles of collecting!

Safety is job one. That's what a post purchase inspection is for.

  Frank DuVal