<VV> Early Rear Bearings

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 00:51:18 EST 2012

Reading all the comments on early rear bearings makes me think of my black & black '63 Monza coupe, 102 / 4 speed. I bought the car in '64 and as a KID ran it hard. I would street race anybody at any time. I even raced my buddy with his L88 Vette once, but that's another story.

I kept the car about 10 years running up about 200,000 miles. All that time, the motor was NEVER apart, but I did go through 1 clutch and the usual starter motor, generator, belt, tires etc. repair or replace. Rebuilt the carbs more than once. Never hesitated to go anywhere anytime.

The one thing I NEVER did, was to replace any rear wheel bearings. Good old original equipment parts lasted me the entire time I owned the car.

Aside from having a wrench to change a belt, the only other tool I carried was a dime to call my cousin or my uncle for help, LOL.

Roy in Bayville 08721