<VV> Early Rear Bearings

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Sun Jan 8 02:07:53 EST 2012

> ...I just gotta? ask here....who in their right mind would embark upon a 12,000 mile trip in a Corvair.

Okay, so next question -- who on this list is in their right mind in the
first place?  If someone else is paying for the fuel & lodging, I'd be
happy to drive either of my two Corvairs to Florida and back via "the
scenic route".  [I'm looking for a rear brake drum for the 356 Porsche
before it would be eligible for such a trip -- anyone have a spare for a
Type A?]

Of course, I've always had pretty good luck with my vehicles and getting
where I was going -- the Trooper incident a couple years ago was an
aberration -- not all have that type of "luck". So, I suppose, it
depends a bit on one's personal karma with their machinery.  It would
seem Smitty is quite justified to carry a spare axle, and any Corvair
owner should carry a spare tire and fan belt, although spare tires are
even falling out of vogue.these days.

Bill Strickland