<VV> Early Rear Bearings

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Jan 8 10:59:18 EST 2012

On 1/8/2012 4:28 AM, jvhroberts at aol.com wrote:

> Carrying a spare bearing is a lot less painful than an axle!

John, not in an early model or FC.  If you carry a spare bearing, only,
you had better also carry a 20-ton press!  Ain't no way that you are
going to change a bearing at the roadside, but a spare axle and bearing
assembly can be installed in relatively short order with just basic
tools and a gear puller.

Now, of course, I do not carry any such spares ordinarily, when I travel
no more than a few hours from home.  But for a long road trip, yup, a
spare axle and bearing assembly goes in the car.

--Bob