<VV> Early rear bearing leaks

larry larry at schuberts.com
Sun Jan 8 20:31:20 EST 2012

Please clarify......are these bearing from Clarks?  Clarks bearing are
packed with silicon grease, not oil.  I put Clarks bearing on my 64 last
year and after several hundred miles the grease bypassed the seals onto the
brake shoes.  Clarks bearing came with silicon grease and I had assumed all
of the grease should be put into the bearing (I assembled them myself).  My
option is that they were over greased and bypassed the seals.  Clarks should
have specified or supplied the correct amount of grease.  I checked the
bearings after another 299 or so miles and no problem.  I intend to remove
the wheels next week for another look.  I will keep you posted.

Larry