<VV> Making necessary repairs.

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 22:00:37 EST 2012

My point is that if I'm going to do something like this, I'd never do it
half-a$$ed! That negates the whole concept of restoring something, to my mind.
Am I in my right mind? No, probably not! I'll have ten times as much invested in
this car than I'll ever recover; but I knew that going in and still decided it
was something I wanted to do. Do I expect everybody else to be such a purist?
Certainly not, but to boast about how cheaply you've done something also doesn't
seem right to me.

Byron Comp

If you are not a true mechanic that can reliably  access the condition of parts.. then going all new is the correct way.
If you've only driven NEW / Newer cars most of your life... then that's the only way to be comfortable!

Many  are "really "re-living" their youthful days....  cars with patina....safe..but not perfect....

 Please do not confuse   owners with little or no spare $$$  for with  those that just aren't caught up in "look at me", or "cruising".

Especially in these rough economic times....we need  to help those unable to help themselves..

One forum I frequent even has a "pay it forward"  topic....where some even pay the shipping!

This, of course is mainly on "safety items"

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages