<VV> The " Fix it on the road" list of tricks

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:21:15 EST 2012

Every head is a different world !!
I carry lots of stuff, no matter if it is a 70 or 7,000 miles trip,... mechanical and electrical tools, Corvair only parts, including a rear shaft w/bearing, fan bearing installed on a top cover and a spare head ready to bolt on. Only two times had head failures and guess what ?... didn't carry an spare head with me. Think that, if not well prepared to travel on a 40-50 years old car, no matter how well is your vehicle maintained, the possibilities of a mechanical or electrical failure are against you but, everybody can and do think in his/her own way.
BTW... do somebody knows where can I get a 2012 Corvair ?
Daniel Monasterio