<VV> 4X1 setup

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:13:38 EST 2012

Cliff, have already talked to the Blackhawk guy, and Ray Sedman, and Ted
Brown has been invaluable with computer issues, solving some of the water
cooled to air cooled mysteries and supplying parts he has made. He probably
has done more R&D for corvair EFI than anyone else has, althought it would
be a tossup with Ray Sedman, who has been turning out EFI corvairs for some
time now.

Like most, I have a different idea on how to do it. All of them have great
ideas and good running engines when they are done. I plan on the same
thing, however, want to do it my way and learn from the process!

I'll take a look at the American Flat 6, and Tom's stuff. I have not found
that yet.  I just completely rebuilt my heads, and plan to keep them,
rather than do any serious valve work on them. I may suffer a bit there,
but, as I have read in Clark's documentation and the older publication I
mentioned, the 4X1 engines actually have a better torque curve at a more
useful lower RPM range than the stock 140's have, so, I think I'll be fine
there. I'm after a good reliable driveable engine, not necessarily one with
a higher top end.

Thanks for the info.

Mark Durham