<VV> Fan belt clearance

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:44:51 EST 2012

John, I run a 62. Before trimming or replacing any parts, make sure your
engine/transmission package is located correctly in the engine bay. It
simply may be too far aft. This affects the toe in or out for your rear
tires, its supposed to be within a certain range. But, I've always had
enough clearance to get a belt off and back on. Its tight, but doable.  You
adjust this by removing shims at the transmission end. You need to take a
look there. If you have more than 4 or 5 shims, this might be your
problem.To make an adjustment, put a jack under the bell housing to help
support the weight, and loosen the rear bolt a turn or so so it will slide.
loosen the forward bolts, remove a couple of shims, tighten those bolts,
which should slide the engine forward. Check clutch adjustment, accelerator
rigging, and  shifter adjustment, when done.
Mark Durham