<VV> Fan Belt Clearance

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Thu Jan 12 23:34:21 EST 2012

> I just acquired a 62 with a 110
> motor...It appears I have no clearance for removing the fan belt by the
> harmonic
> balancer. I know I need to change out the rear support but to what? a 64?
> Been a
> long time since I had this issue. The other being I don't have any other
> early
> supports laying around. Inquiring minds need to know.
>
> John
Smitty Says,  Yes John the 64 engine support bracket is the one you need.
But that's not the end of the story.  To get the right engine support height
you need a 64 motor mount.  To close up the air seal area around the mount
you need the bowed out sheetmetal mount cover.  And when you change that you
will need the 64 metal air seal strip that the screws go through to hold the
rubber air seal on.  Life sure gets complicated.