<VV> Need Help Understanding This

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Jan 13 00:58:33 EST 2012

At 10:50 PM 1/12/2012, you wrote:
>Tony, The Falcon wheels I have on my 64 700 wear the factory 700
>hubcaps just fine... The wheels are a wee bit narrow (14 x 4 1/2)
>but fit fine... I have only one Mustang 4 lug wheel, just in case I
>find 3 more... But the dog dish caps fit fine. Later bro! Lonzo

Are you sure it's a Falcon wheel and not a Mustang wheel?   I had a
couple of 13" Falcon wheels (admittedly off a '62 Falcon) that
wouldn't fit an early 'Vair because the pilot hole in the wheel was
too small... the 'Vair hub hung in the hole.   Now, later Falcon
wheels may well have bigger pilot holes, pretty sure the Mustangs
probably did.

You're right about the Falcon wheels being kinda narrow...

And 6 cylinder Mustang wheels in '65 had 4 lugs and were
14s.    :)  Trouble is, you'll have better luck with Japanese wheels
than finding early Mustang 14/4s.

The 13s on my '60 are only a couple years old, and are respectable
quality Firestones.   When they wear out, I'm gonna have to do
something different, I think.

tony..