<VV> MY CLEANING SOLUTIONS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 12:47:44 EST 2012

I have used recycled lacquer thinner for parts cleaning with good results.
It is not as volatile as prime , not as expensive , and cuts well. I keep a
 gallon can with basket for it , and so far , have had no problems. I still
use  the real carb cleaner also.
I am now trying straight kerosene in my parts washer. So far it is  ok.
Costs a bunch to refill 12 gallons no matter what I use.
I still run a lot of my small parts / hardware  thru the gem tumbler  with
good results. I use @ 1/2 container of water , a few drops of dawn
detergent , a teaspoon or so of carbide from the blast cabinet. Stuff comes out
looking very good after about 12 hours or so of tumbling.
Regards, Tim Colson