<VV> CORSA Convention 2012

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 01:21:21 EST 2012

                                                  B"H

HI all...I'm a little bummed out that I only live around 3 hours away from Sturbridge (I was born in that area and now live in NY City) but it will be a big hardship getting up there this summer due to the lack of vacation time from work and the fact that Friday and Saturday are out as far as traveling.

The only option I might have is that since I do have some flexibility in my work hours, I could take a few hours off on either Wednesday or Thursday and arrive in Sturbridge around 3 PM and stay for the afternoon/evening before heading back to NYC and back in time for work the next day. To be honest I'm not really into racing/autocross, just enjoy seeing member's Corvairs and chatting and hobnobbing with fellow enthusiasts about Corvairs in particular and old cars in general.

Seems that Wednesday will be the autocross day and Thursday is the Road Rally the fun stuff is on Friday and Saturday which is not possible for me to attend.  And the best day for me would be Sunday but it will over by then.

I know it's almost a crime not to go, would you folks think that there will be anything fun going on at the convention on Wed or Thursday that would be non-racing or autocross?

Of course I'd bring my Monza; I am confident that by summer G-d willing she'll be all prettied up and road-worthy for a long trip.

Thanks for your advice all...Bill Hershkowitz  66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C