<VV> 140 with a single 4 bbl.

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 18:20:49 EST 2012

Jay is correct. Each carb for a stock 140 flows 86.5 cfm, The engine, if
100% efficient, can only draw 284 cfm, so with four carbs, there is 346 cfm
available, so your 390 is already in the high end of the ballpark.

When you size fuel injectors for an engine, it is sized at 80% efficiency,
and todays engines are better ducted than our Corvair, so 284 x .8 is 228
cfm.

 Mark Durham