<VV> Replacing Powerglide E-clip

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:52:57 EST 2012

After exhausting the possible external causes of my Powerglide's
inability to upshift, I drained and dropped the pan and removed the
valve body. After pulling off the transfer plate, I went looking for
the infamous e-clip. My search came up empty and that was validated by
the throttle valve easily sliding out of the assembly.

The clip and gaskets are on order, and the old gaskets have been
scraped clear. The main and modulator valve bodies are going for a
soak in my cleaner tank, while the valves will also get a solvent
clean, rinse, and dry. What about the portion of the transmission
still installed in the car? How should I clean what's up there? Or
should I even try?

Finally, please verify the e-clip gets installed in the port circled
in green (not red) on the attached JPEG.

I appreciate any and all assistance.

--
Tom in Baltimore
corvairfleet.blogspot.com