<VV> GAS HEATER IN FC

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Jan 16 23:33:26 EST 2012

The gas heater in an FC  (rampy or greenbrier) is a very nice thing to
own!. When working properly , it acts just like a house furnace , self
regulating. it does a great job of fast warm heat. It has a stack thermostat to
maintain heat at the set level just like home. The only thing I find: you need
 to study it well , understand it , and put a kit in it. There are a couple
of  parts in it that need to be fresh to operate properly and safely.
The rubber tip on the shut off behind the nozzle needs to be soft enough to
 shut fuel off. the input fitting has a very small screen hidden under it
that  gets plugged up.
Read your shop manual on it , It is just like a powerglide , once you
understand it,  it is a darn nice thing to have. They have decent  regulation of
the heat , and fail safes to cover overheat etc , just like a  salamander
heater except the fuel pressure and regulator return  system. , I have the
gas heaters in all of my vehicles except the A/C  car. I have rebuilt a couple
on the bench , and plan on another one soon , maybe  as a tech session for
our club. If you own one , read up on it. It should be  looked at on the
bench if you own one , for cracks in the heat can and other  areas that could
leak fumes.  Study up on it. I am guessing i may loose @  -+2 miles per
gallon on a cold day in the fall. I feel it is worth it with the  comfort level.
I plan on good pictures of one on my bench apart very soon.
Regards , Tim Colson