<VV> ARP Case Bolts

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 16:05:09 EST 2012

I did the ream and ARP bolt trick on an engine.  You bolt the block together
with the stock bolts and make sure the crank will turn.  Then you remove one
stock bolt and ream the hole for the ARP bolt and install that one.  Then
you remove one other stock bolt and ream that hole, etc.  By the time I
finished the crank wouldn't turn so I distorted something.  I ended up
trading that engine to Tom Stark for a set of DART aluminum heads for a 350
Chevy and he had to take it apart and line bore the bearing bores.  This
will eventually become his 3.1 liter race motor.  I suppose it helps the
case from walking around but sure is a pain in the a** to get it right.
Clark Hartzel