<VV> GARAGE HEAT my setup

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 19:10:41 EST 2012

I divided my shop about in half , insulated half (upstairs and down) and
have a good sized heated area to play cars downstairs , and radio things  etc
upstairs. I have a 85,000 BTU propane furnace hung from the  ceiling.
Vendor said it was overkill , but I think it is just right, I turn it  off when
not out there working. So far my heating costs are very reasonable for  the
comfort level i use. I have an electric heater in the wall for the bathroom
area , but do not think it is on much . I put ceiling fans on both levels.
This  setup is about 6 years old now , still working well. I expect early
failure of  heat exchanger because of the chemicals I use for parts cleaning ,
and spray  painting.  I keep a close eye on it.  So far it is a great system
for  this cold area.
Regards, Tim Colson