<VV> LM thermostat connection

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 14:39:56 EST 2012

Since everyone has been telling their "thermostat" methods, I will too. I
didn't like the coat hanger method, the rod would pop-off the hanger and
snap  closed - hard on the thermostat. Not every time, but occasionally. Since
on my  motors, the thermostat swivel, that's the adjustable part that slips
into the  door, is usually adjusted so that there are some threads sticking
through,  I added a tall threaded nut to the end of a section of threaded
rod, screwing it  about half of the way on at the end, and locked it in place.
Now, to pull  the adjusting rod out to install the clip, I just open the
door and screw he  threaded nut onto the adjusting rod and pull it out to line
up the clip. snap on  the clip, hold the door open with my hand, and
unscrew the tool. It is simple  and safe. Instead of the threaded rod, you could
us an early model thermostat  rod. They are longer than the lates, as I
remember.

Seth Emerson

In a message dated 1/21/2012 8:00:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,