<VV> Looking to borrow a broken 64-66 remote mirror...

Lon Anderson lonzovair at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 15:00:01 EST 2012

Hey guys,
I'm working on making a better mousetrap.
The 64-66 "two wire" remote mirror has a built-in flaw... the little plastic arms inside the head tend to break where the wires hook up and where the arms move the mirror glass... I'm looking for a test subject to trial-fit some improved pieces... it would help if the only parts inside the mirror that are broken are the little arm pieces.
(I'm looking for one that is already broken, so don't go out and break your mirror on my account!)...
;-)
Anyway, the plan is to make and test-fit a replacement part.
If someone has one I can borrow, and if the tests are successful, I will return the mirror with the new piece installed at no charge.
I'm not out to get a remote mirror for my car (since I'm now almost strictly an FC guy)... and many here can vouch for my reputation.  I have been loaned an NOS piece that I'm in the process of copying, and once that is done I want to test and see where they need "beefing up".
This may take several months, but the mirror will be inside, not exposed to any elements (except your typical oxygen/nitrogen/argon/carbon dioxide mixture)...
Do I have any volunteers?
Let me know... so far, I just need one.
Later,
Lonzo in KY