<VV> Inside the Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild / NO Corvair

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Jan 24 10:10:28 EST 2012

I remember it well.  Originally they made copies of the Fisher Coach but in the early 50s they changed to model cars.  Somewhere I still have the cars which I entered.  Never got into the 'big money' but did win several of the lesser awards.  Later I was working in the Fisher Body headquarters and was able to see ALL the entered cars on display in the auditorium.  The quality of these models went all over the board so it was interesting to watch the judging ... they paid attention to all the entries and sent scoring information to every entry.

It was a really great program but it fell out of interest with our children, as witnessed by the declining of the number of entries over the years.  It was a sad day for me when Fisher announced the last year of competition.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.