<VV> new to the list

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jan 24 14:52:15 EST 2012

Hi Josh,

The list had a project a few years ago to write a book for new owners - it's called Corvair Basics, you can get it direct from CORSA or through some of the vendors.  I think that will help you get your hands around your new car.

The Spyder was an option package in '62, so you can't tell from the VIN if it really is one or not.  There are a few good telltale signs, the one that comes to mind is the exhaust pipe body cutout.  Generally it's not there on a conversion, and if it is often not factory.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150
  Kid cars: '00 Grand Marquis, '99 Miata