<VV> Unusual source for maintenance material

chuck mckinley cmckinley313 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 24 17:13:12 EST 2012

This morning I was doing a major cleanup of my carbs in an effort to
solve some idling problems, and I learned from one instruction or other
that a piece of .022" wire is useful for cleaning certain  air and fuel
passages. Rewind to 1979, when I built a harpsichord from a kit, and
included in that project is a big variety of steel and brass wire used
to string the instrument, varying from .007" steel to .022" brass. I
keep a supply of it on hand for replacement of broken strings, which
happens every so often.
	I found uses for three different gauges of wire to clean the carb
circuits, and am in hopes that this will improve the idle performance
when I get them back together.
	I have a pretty good supply on hand, and if anyone would like a hunk of
a specific size I'd be happy to mail it to you if I have that size. The
harpsichord uses about ten different gauges altogether.

Cheers,
Chuck McKinley
'63 Monza 900 80 hp 3-speed
Flemish single-manual harpsichord (Moermans 1584 replica), strung 8'x4',
theorbo stop, 55 keys