<VV> Need some more help with seatbelts

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Wed Jan 25 19:23:32 EST 2012

 Hello all,  I have a couple more questions for installing seatbelts in the rear of a '65 sedan that never had them.First- thank you to all who replied with help earlier, I have been able to locate the dimples where the holes should be drilled and have a copy of the seatbelt installation instructions in hand for 1965 rear seat belt mounting.I have a set of front seatbelts that I can send in to be repaired/rewebbed.  I sat in the car and placed the belts in the location they would be installed and as best I can tell the length for the male end belt should be about 20 inches and the length for the buckle end belt should be about 30 inches.  Can anyone measure the belts in their car and tell me about what length I should have them made to?Also, the mounting brackets are a bit confusing.  In the picture of the installation drawing they are shown as having a round hole that bolts to the body and the other end of the bracket is slotted?  I think what is being shown is actually the end of the belt and that the webbing is just not shown in the drawings- i.e. the tab on the end of the belt is not flat but bent at an angle and bolted directly to the floor-is this correct?I think what I will do is contact the company that repairs the belts, I haven't decided on Ssnake Oyl products or Seat Belt solutions yet, and see if they can put an end on the re-webbed belts that would be compatible with a Jegs mount like this one,        http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEGS-70016-60-Degree-Seat-Belt-Mounting-Bracket-JEGS-/200598700061?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb49d401d It is a 60 degree angle for the mid mounts and maybe a 90 degree bracket for the ends?  Belt could bolt to the bracket and the bracket to the body with a reinforcing plate on the other side of the sheet metal.  The ends of the belts that I have are seriously rusted and weakened. A photo of the mount brackets in a late model car would help me a ton if anyone can send one. Thanks!Jim