<VV> Corvair stuff

No Quarter silent at beatricene.com
Thu Jan 26 21:56:11 EST 2012

Hello there - my name is Erin Lassley and I'm writing to you from Beatrice, NE.  I found a post at:  http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com/showthread.php?t=231257 and I figured I'd go ahead and write to all the email addresses in hopes I can get in touch with someone in the Corvair scene in Nebraska.

I'm a VW man myself, however I can appreciate the rarity of old metal.  The reason I'm writing is that there has been a pretty decent-shaped Corvair sitting at Catlin's auto salvage in Beatrice, NE for a couple of months.  As the yard fills, he starts crushing cars and I'd really hate to see this Corvair get crushed.  The last time I checked it out, it was complete, except the right rear door was bashed in from a previous accident but it still opens and closes.  I don't know much about Corvairs but this car was complete, nothing removed, appears to be a barn find.  Dual carbs, no mouse piss smell, and just dirty like it has sat in a shed for a long time.  It has Belleville, KS license sticker in the windshield I think.

I'd hate to see this car junked.  Danny Catlin has been 50% with me in the past about whether he will sell an entire car or not.  At the very least, there is a whole slew of parts including a complete engine, interior, etc.  And I don't recall it being all that rusty.

I hope you pass this on to people who are always scouting for old Corvairs.  Please don't let this old car get scrapped.

Erin Lassley
Beatrice, NE