<VV> How To Remove a 69 Convertible Rear Seat Back

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 11:49:49 EST 2012

Ken,

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't removed the rear seat in a '68 or '69 convertible in a while, but I believe they share the "improved" anchoring of the coupes required for the last of the late models.  If so then there is an elongated "C" shaped set of hooks that the seat bar goes into so that you can't just pop the seat up as on earlier models.  Hunch down facing the seat cushion and push the front (vertical) side of the seat back toward the engine a few inches until you feel the bar hit the back of the hooks and then lift up.  While lifting, slide the seat back forward and up.  Once you've done it and can see the revised anchors it will be clear how to put it back in.

Best of Luck,
Bob