<VV> idler pulley

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sat Jan 28 10:26:37 EST 2012

Marc's story reminded me of my idler pulley story.  Not as dramatic as his,
but still.  I am a relative newcomer to this group so I don't have as many
stories to tell.  I got my 66 Monza in 2005 and spent several years working
on it  and reconditioning it until I finally felt brave enough to drive it
to Jacksonville in 09. Round trip from Lexington was about 2000 miles
including all the local driving while at the convention.  The car performed
nearly flawlessly until I was about 20 miles from home.  I didn't notice it
at highway speed but when I slowed to exit the interstate I heard the
horrible squalling coming from the engine.  I didn't know what it was but
decided to drive on till I reached the house.  I got funny looks from other
cars and when I finally arrived home, my family, brother in law and his
family along with some neighbors had gathered on our front porch to welcome
me home.  Needless to say, I was a bit red-faced as I squalled into the
garage.  I was relieved to discover it was only the idler.   But it took a
while for my brother in law to let me live it down.

Cliff Tibbitts

Lexington, KY

66 Monza 140/4sp