<VV> Back to Engine Shop

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 23:02:16 EST 2012

For those of you who remember some of my earlier posts about problems with my engine and its assembly (I also had an enlarged spark plug hole, like Josh, and traded that head with a fellow VVer who was willing to fix it for his own use when needed.), the saga now continues. The car is painted and has the new top on it. Enroute to the glass shop to have the windows installed/adjusted, the engine began making a strange noise and wanting to stall out at idle. The Temp/Press light also came on when running less than about 1000-2000 rpms. A local mechanic believes it to be a failed camshaft bearing based on how it sounds. At any rate, it's going onto a trailer Mon. morning for the two-hour ride to the shop where it was last worked on and assembled. Then it was out of the car and was never run before I installed it and got it up and running. Time will tell if it gets fixed under warranty or if I pay through the nose, again. I'll keep you posted.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
Gainesville, FL