<VV> Back to Engine Shop

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 23:40:38 EST 2012

the engine
began making a strange noise and wanting to stall out at idle. The Temp/Press
light also came on when running less than about 1000-2000 rpms. A local mechanic
believes it to be a failed camshaft bearing based on how it sounds. At any rate,
it's going onto a trailer Mon. morning for the two-hour ride to the shop where
it was last worked on and assembled. Then it was out of the car and was never
run before I installed it and got it up and running. Time will tell if it gets
fixed under warranty or if I pay through the nose, again. I'll keep you posted.

Byron Comp

 Be Wary!!  There are NO Camshaft bearings in a Corvair!  I'll bet you dropped a valve seat..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages