<VV> Fwd: Back to Engine Shop

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Jan 31 09:11:36 EST 2012

The compression variation, while being far beyond normal tolerance, could be fresh rings not yet thoroughly seated.  Compression test is a pretty good indicator that the valve seats are in place ... but there could be a loose seat that has not yet dropped.
Has the source of the 'strange noise' been determined?

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.