<VV> Dune Buggy of Steve McQueen

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jan 31 14:30:44 EST 2012

CGI?  Not back then it wasn't.  There were 90 real horses off camera where you can't see them :-)

I'm sure the 230 HP was a number they got on the (uncalibrated) dyno for about 5 seconds, or maybe they just added up all the claimed numbers for each part - Add 25 HP!  Add 15 HP!  Pretty soon you get 90.  In any case, that's what Ted Trevor told him, so that's what he said.

--Bryan