<VV> MT Backup Lights

Jim dcvjrv at att.net
Sun Jul 1 21:52:33 EDT 2012

Byron,

A bad backup light switch is the most likely culprit.  With a
continuity checker, the switch by placing one lead on one wire and the
other lead on the other lead and if there is zero resistance and the
transmission is not in reverse than the switch is bad.  The switch has
a ball on the end of it that is pushed down when the transmission is
placed in reverse.  This becomes stuck over time and the only solution
is replace the switch.

I'm sure others will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

Jim V.
1964 Corvair Spyder Convertible