<VV> Power outage no Corvair

Guy Brandes vair140 at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 18:16:12 EDT 2012

I have a 6KW wired into a transfer switch which works great if I'm home to start it.  It runs 2 fridges, 1 TV, a light circuit, furnace and a sump pump.  I would recommend an electric start as my wive cannot start it.  Also if you get a propane or natural gas set up you don't have to run for gas or put in any fuel stabilizer.  I got mine from Northern in 2000 when my wife laughed at me saying we'd never use it.  We have.  I have put it in one of those small plastic sheds where the fron and top open when it's running.  Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  My son is on a well in Stafford, Va. and wasn't able to flush toilets'

Regards,

Guy Brandes

Power came back on at 9:00 p.m. last night, looks like we are good now.  Sorry
for any inconvenience.

If anyone has suggestions for portable generators in the 4 - 5 kw range that
have electronics friendly power output and are reasonably quiet, please drop me
a note.  The one I have now is ok for powering the fridge, but it's a little
loud and the UPS complains about the power coming in.